Location: Elgin, IL
Construction Management Associates, Inc. (CMA, Inc.) is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent (minimum 5 years superintendent experience) with experience in all areas of construction to handle the needs of its Commercial and Multi-Family projects. The position requires an understanding of various project management skills. This person should be able to oversee the day to day activities of multiple construction projects. Previous experience in hospitality/hotel construction a plus.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the entire construction project from site development to occupancy by providing the knowledge, skill and experience to run day-to-day operations on the job site. The Construction Superintendents’ top priority is field coordination, working closely with the Subcontractor(s) to ensure that they are always focused on quality and workmanship that meet industry standards. The daily direction and coordination of the project by the Superintendent ensures that the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget and on schedule.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Subcontractors, Labors, and other staff as assigned
- Studies specifications and contract to plan procedures for construction, ensuring start and finish times, safety, quality, and staffing/subcontractor requirements for each phase of construction job are met.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Enforces the organizations Safety policies in accordance the SOP, observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations, and also by establishing a climate that emphasizes safety on the job.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Review Cost Reports and complete Back Charges in accordance with SOP.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, daily punch lists, pictures and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Maintains daily paperwork.
- Responsible for construction and presentation of the project in a timely manner.
- Scheduling of all subcontractors.
- Approves work being performed by subcontractors prior to authorized for payment.
- Monitor project to ensure it is built per plans and specifications.
- Prepare punch-list audit for each project and ensure that all punch list items have been completed prior to customer orientations/occupancy.
- Manage project close-out and final documentation.
In order to ensure a quick response to your inquiry, when applying on-line for this position, kindly include the following information:
- Current/Desired Salary