Construction Management Associates, Inc. (CMA, Inc.) is hiring a Construction Superintendent to handle needs for its Multi Family projects in Madison, WI. The position requires an understanding of various project management skills. This person should be able to oversee the day to day activities of the entire construction project as it relates to the construction of new wood framed apartment buildings, everything from site work to building turnover. Apply here.
The Superintendent will be responsible for all functions of the job site as it relates to day to day on-site construction activities. Ability to manage multiple subcontractors from site development through occupancy while monitoring job costs, construction quality and scheduling is required.
- Initial Job Site Set Up (Construction Fence, Trailer, Temp Elec, etc)
- Plan and direct construction activities of the Subcontractors, Laborers, and other staff as assigned
- Responsible for construction and presentation of the project in a timely manner
- Scheduling of all subcontractors
- Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise.
- Monitor project to ensure it is built per plans and specifications.
- Prepare and Submit Daily Field Reports
- Assist with the preparation of RFI’s
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies` regulations
- Monitor site cleanliness
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment
- Work with appropriate city officials and inspectors as needed
- Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility
- Prepare punch-list for each project and ensure that all punch-list items have been completed prior to customer orientations/occupancy
- Manage project close-out and final documentation
- 5+ years of solid hands-on experience with a GC or developer as a project manager constructing or renovating single family or multifamily buildings
- Knowledge of local Building Codes
- OSHA certified
- Knowledge of Project Management Scheduling Software
- Knowledge with Excel based Project budgets